Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Rumor Has It

Today was another amazing day!  Aren't they all if we wake up in the mornings?  Today was a blessed one, but I have to tell you I didn't start off my day with that attitude.  Our normal little schedule was adjusted as last night was my seven year old's cat, Sammy's first night to stay with us (to help him sleep in his bed).  Litter box on the deck of course because this mommy doesn't like cats.  I will tolerate and be nice and sweet to little Sammy because my boys adore him!

Last night Sammy and my oldest went to bed, said our prayers together, and I didn't hear a peep until ten p.m.  I told my son to go get back in his bed because Sammy might be scared without him.  It was all I could come up with at ten p.m! 

I woke up this morning with a cat's rear on my chest and my oldest son snuggled up closer than ever to me!  Ahhhhhh!   Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to snuggle, but there was not a centimeter between my son and I!  Other thing is, I like Sammy but I do NOT like a cat's rear on me, or in my bed!  You get the picture.

Today I found out that I'm the headliner for two rumors floating around a small town with a large amount of gossip and rumors.  Rumors aren't true.  Rumors hurt.  I don't participate in gossip.  I'm not a fan.  Never will be.  I cried like a baby after work on the drive to pick up my youngest son from daycare.  I vented to a friend like a tough girl, but the tough girl cried because rumors and gossip hurt me so much today.  It wouldn't have hurt had they been true, but they aren't.  It might be different if it was something small like I don't buy groceries, or I have a personal assistant.  It was BIG, FAT, UGLY, DOWNRIGHT MEAN, & NASTY lies and there were two of them.  Tis' the reason I don't participate in gossip or rumors.  They hurt and believe it or not, most people have feelings deep down or they may wear them on their sleeves. 

His mouth is filled with cursing and deceit and oppression; under his tongue are mischief and iniquity Psalm 10:7

I considered going to a level I'm against, which is lowering myself to the level of those involved in the gossip and rumors.  I considered resigning from my current position and taking a normal job that allows you to leave your work at work and doesn't involve constant phone calls and emails.  Even though I have work hours, they are not followed by all those involved in the company.  I decided to pray about it and I honestly sat at my desk in silence all day (I love music so music is always playing unless someone is in my office or I'm on the phone) and prayed to God.  Mid-prayer regarding what decisions to make and actions to take, my cell/work/home phone rang.  Interesting that the other person on the line scheduled me an interview this week.  This may not be the answer, but I don't know how much more direct God could have gotten.  It's time to make some boundaries for my company.  You see, I'm a "people person," and former "people pleaser."  I bend over backwards to help everyone out if I can.  I even do it if I don't have time.  It's becoming too much for twenty hours a week.  I'm spending more time than that on my job, and I can't charge the company for more hours nor would I.  I just work like a woman on a mission and thank God for my days off!

Tonight I went to listen to a woman named Jamie Rafferty speak at church during a women's meeting.  It was a hurdle to get there.  My toddler went to make up missed visitation with his father, and my oldest stayed with my sister.  I was late & my sister was kind enough to pick up my baby from the designated meeting place.  I was blessed to have found babysitters and a willing dad that wanted to make up his missed visitation and to also get to hear another Christian speak.  I was also elated to see friends and acquaintances there who I know don't attend church.  That warmed my heart and I hope God spoke to all who attended through the speaker.

The whole way home I continued to talk with God about the gossip.  It's extremely bothersome and effecting my reputation, because I'm sure certain people in the small town that I live in actually believe the lies.  I got nothing back.  I'll keep praying and waiting.  I don't react instantly or on impulse anymore and am thrilled to be able to tell you that!  I wait on God.  I'm impatient, so it's hard, but that's what I do. 



THE BEST part of the whole year was tonight!  As I was tucking my seven year old in bed (and Sammy the cat), we said our nightly prayers together.  I always pray with him then say my own prayer before I go to bed.  Tonight after his prayers were said we began talking.  He wanted to pray that his father would call us sometime.  I fought back the tears.  He then asked me what a Christian was.  I was so happy to tell him.  He then asked me how to become a Christian!  OH. MY. GOSH. 

I lead my son to Christ tonight and cried like a baby again tonight because I'm so happy.  I immediately called my grandfather who happens to be the best, most knowledgeable Christian man I know that I'm related to.  He was sleeping but my grandmother woke him up when I told her why I was calling.  I cried to him worried I had done it the wrong way.  He reassured me that I had done it just like he would have done it.  I'm sure he'd have done it much better, but hey my seven year old is going to heaven!!   I then called my preacher and left a message to see what we need to do next and to double check that I've lead my son to Christ and salvation the correct way.  My son was in his bed and I was on my knees beside his bed. 

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

I'm so blessed!  I hope you all are having a wonderful week thus far and I also hope and pray that you all are never the headliner of a false rumor that turns into gossip.  I also hope and pray that you all don't partake in gossip or start rumors.  It hurts.  I promise.  Have the best week ever, sweet friends.  I'm so proud of you all and I think you are all the most amazing people in the world!  I think you are all doing magnificent jobs at everything you do!  Dear friends & readers please have hope, faith, and be encouraged.  Keep your pretty or handsome heads up, smile and keep on being the shining stars you all are in my eyes.  God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment