Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Precious diamonds

Today is a new day and for that I'm blessed.  I'm blessed for so many reasons, but that could take a ton of paragraphs, so I'll spare you.  I know we are all blessed.  We just have to open our eyes and see those blessings.

One of my blessings from God is a close relative of mine who has reversed roles on me.This relative is not only a precious diamond, but a flawless fifteen carat diamond in my eyes.  I'm now the adult, and my relative is the child.  This is THE relative that I'm closest to, and the truth is I'm selfish.  I can not lose this relative to illness or anything else.  Not now.  They may be ready to go to heaven, but I'm not ready for them to go.  Selfish, huh? 

Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, "Come up here." And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on. Revelation 11:12

It's extremely hard for me to be the adult and hear and see the tears stream down their face.  It's almost more than I can bare.  However, if I had it my way, I'd spend at least three hours a day with my closest relative.  I've done the doctor route and spoken with way too many and had every test run that's known to man.  Either way, my family member's health is far from fine and is continuining to go down hill.

After a successful meeting, I heard my relative on the phone with me and fought back the tears.  I ran to drop off something and locked my keys in my car!  Really???  Right NOW??  So, I was ten minutes from deadline to pick up my youngest son from daycare.  Think fast!  I knew I could physically run the two miles but, I also knew my sweet baby wouldn't hold up for the two mile run back to where our car was locked! 

God was watching and probably laughing, but one of the most amazing women ever loaned me her Durango.  It's a LARGE SUV, I drive a four door car.  A mom car!  I first turned on the windshield wipers, figured out it wasn't a stick shift, and bolted to pick up my child.  Next issue was no car seat.  Man!  Too bad, mine is safely locked away in my car two miles away.  Mommy instinct kicked in as soon as I realized I had ten minutes to pull it off.  I did all I knew to do (it was just me so I had no extra set of hands to hold and restrain my toddler for the short ride back) and strapped him in a "big boy" booster seat and proceeded to drive.  Along the way we passed a police officer.  I would've waved, but I had one hand on the wheel, and one hand on my baby.  GREAT NEWS!!! We made it!  We are safe and still blessed.  Where there's a will there is a way, and you bet I have a will!   I know most of you have been in similar situations and can relate to reacting calmly when things go BERZERK!  I was just trying to pick up my toddler and rush to hold my close relative.

Tomorrow is another meeting that probably won't be so plesant, but I can do it!  I'm pretty tough when I have to be.  Otherwise, I don't have a tough bone in my body, although I still have some killer biceps going on from lifting my toddler! 

Tonight I'm hoping we get some sleep in our house.  My boys don't understand that mommy has to have adequate sleep in order to be on top of my game at these meetings and at work.  Sammy returned to his home tonight and my seven year old was so mad and sad.  I've said it once, but I'll remind you.  With this mommy, rules are rules.  Period.  Sammy was supposed to help my oldest to sleep ALL night in his own bed.  Before you start thinking I'm so hard on my sweeties, just know that I gave him TWO chances.  Guess what?  He's sound asleep in his bed!  Something I'm doing must be working!

I hope you have all had a calm and blessed day!  I hope if you have children that they are just as excited as my boys & I are that CHRISTmas is coming!  We can't wait!  Yes, it will be probably be the hardest holiday I've ever experienced, but I made it through Thanksgiving and gave thanks.  I know I can do this because God will be with me.  Have a wonderful day tomorrow! 

Please do me a favor and tell those you love the most how much you care about them.  Friends, family, co-workers, church members, whatever the relationship is, please tell them.  It can all be taken from us in an instant. Those are your precious diamonds!

And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:5

 I know I've made it habit to tell those I love that I love them.  I only live once and I want them to know that I love them.  I love all of you and have so much faith in each and every one of you!  I believe in you.  I think you are wonderful.  God also loves you more than I can imagine.  Have a wonderful evening, sweet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment