Friday, October 21, 2011

Perception

"Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.  It means that you have decided to look beyond the imperfections."

Things aren't always what we think they are.  Being of human nature, I generally like things to go my way.  I too am selfish. I'm not opposed to other's ways, but I'm referring to my choices and decisions. However, sometimes it takes a disaster of a day or a week for me to refocus, put things in their true perspective, and to hear and see God's way.  I tend to forget that God's way is the best way even when I think I have it all figured out, scheduled, planned, and taken care of.  Guess what?  I don't.  

I was reminded of this several times in the past two weeks.  Life has me spinning lots of plates and wearing a bunch of different hats these days.  It's next to impossible to do without assistance.  I know, I know... That's my sign.  The determined person I am tells me to keep trying, keep going, don't give up, and that I should be able to do it all by myself.  It's only when I try to maintain what already is, take on new duties, & over-extend myself in every direction I know, that I realize I can't always do it.  I'm sure this is a lesson from God telling me to rely solely on him.

My life is so much easier knowing that God has it all taken care of, figured out, scheduled, and planned already.  I know this.  It's just hard for me to give him everything always.  Some situations are simple to hand on over to him.  It's the ones I think I can control & that I know what's best,  that are the hardest.  I do believe God is working in me to not only make me a stronger christian, but to make me stronger period.  

My heart has a strong desire to help others in need and to be a good example.  God opened my first international mission trip door this past summer and I traveled to Honduras, El Salvador, & Guatemala.  This trip was life changing, but it didn't settle the urge to help others.  It made the urge to help others stronger!
Recently, I have been looking into local mission opportunities and seeing what my schedule will allow.  It's exciting to me to know that I can help a fellow human, be there to listen, tell them about God, etc and come home to my family in the same day!  Have a wonderful day!  I am going to and I'm also going to thank God for what blessings he has given my family and I as opposed to telling him what all I need his help with and what all I would like.  I choose to be happy and to see the good things in life!







Hebrews 13:16 


Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment