Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

I hope this finds you all still excited that you had the best Christmas ever!  If you are anything like me, it's exhausting afterwards, but it's beyond worth it to see the glow in my sweetie's eyes, the anticipation, and the morning the cookies and milk are gone, stockings are filled, and Prancer ate the reindeer food! 

Taking down Christmas decorations was much easier than putting them up!  My house is Christmas free and I have to admit that I'm completely ready to see the great things God has in store for us in 2012!  Bring on the New Year, new beginnings, and memories that last a lifetime!  Yes, I'm excited!

"There is deceit in the hearts of those who plot evil, but joy for those who promote peace."  Proverbs 12:20

I know that Christmas is usually rush, rush, rush.  Buying all the perfect toys, food, visiting a bazillion places, etc.  My little family was shuffled around quite a bit.  Christmas Eve dinner was wonderful, but Santa got tired!  After my sweeties and I sat out cookies and milk for Santa as well as reindeer food on the lawn, they were in bed by 9 p.m.  which is past bedtime, but this mommy slacks off on schedules and rules when it's time to have fun!  I made the biggest pot of coffee ever (added some espresso), bundled up in the cold and went to the storage building to bring in all of Santa's presents.  I laid down at 2 a.m. after the two piles were arranged in such a way that it looked like Santa brought tons of presents!  My seven year old was up at 5 a.m!

He climbed into my bed and informed me with such excitement that Santa had been here.  I was unable to ask him to get back in his bed, I mean it's CHRISTMAS!  I just mumbled in my happiest mommy voice "Honey, we have to wait until your brother wakes up.  Go back to sleep with mommy and we will see what Santa has brought soon.  I can't believe he's been here!" 

We were up and at it at 6 a.m. opening toys and lots of screaming was going on.  It was the best sight in the world.  Our first Christmas with just the sweeties and I.  I'll go ahead and admit I had to phone for help to assemble some of the toys.  I apologize, but I know ZERO about a nerf gun with a "safety & a clip."  Someone so sweet came to the rescue and all toys were assembled! 

I dressed the boys differently than normal.  I'm so proud to admit that!  They had Christmas outfits, but I put on the baby's Christmas outfit (not the perfect one, but the one that is just okay with a little Christmas flair), and I dressed my oldest in regular clothes and a red shirt (this year I wasn't worried about having the perfect Christmas photos and I can't explain to you how much I love that change in me).  Being a single mom for me has required letting go of lots of the things that used to matter so much to me.  I'm realizing it doesn't matter and I'm letting it go.  Thanks be to God!  I've tried for seven years to be supermom, but I fail miserably.  However, I'm the best mom I can be, and I'm content with that.  My nature is that of a perfectionist, but it's impossible to do all of the things that perfection entails when you have two little sweet peas and I'm realizing it's not worth it.  My time with them can't be replaced and I value every second.

I'm so excited to start 2012!  God has brought some amazing people into my life and I'm so thankful for that.  I don't deserve any of it, but I've asked God awhile ago to bring in those who really care about me during these times when I'm not as strong as I can be.  He's done that!  I truly believe he knows just what we need and sends that exactly when we need it.  That's how it works for me.  God never really speaks to me, but I am certain he speaks to me through others and I know he answers prayers and hears all of them.

2012 is going to be THE year of great things!  I'm bound and determined (so watch out world!) to make it the BEST year ever!  It symbolizes new beginnings for me and I can NOT wait! 

I hope you all are rested from all of the Christmas and that you were able to enjoy your families, friends, spouses, kids, etc.  Today I received a text from a dear friend asking how I was doing and I quoted a line from Dory in "Finding Nemo."  I told her "Just keep swimming." 

"You give me strength and guide me right.  You make my feet run as fast as those of a deer and you help me stand on the mountains."  Psalm 18:32-33

Even if you think everything is falling apart, you have stress at work, trouble at home with a spouse or child, you are lonely, depressed, heartbroken, or even if you are fantastic (which I hope you all are), Just keep swimming dear friends!  I promise you it's worth it.  If I can do it, a monkey could do it with his eyes blindfolded walking backwards.  You are all so dear to me, and I wish the best for you all.  Get excited about 2012!  I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment