Monday, November 21, 2011

Superwomen


I often think that if I had two extra arms (I’d be elated with a third arm), more hours in a day, a second pair of eyes, or an extra boost of energy that I often refer to as my “second wind,”  things would be fantastic!  After working a full day, it’s sometimes hard to find that extra oomph to do all there is to do in a days time. 
I’ve drank (and still drink) the green drink in the morning.  It’s horrible!  BUT, if it does what it’s supposed to do and gives me energy and overall better health, then I’ll down it like champ nastiness and all!   I take vitamins, but sometimes I forget.  Seems like it should be easy to remember when the boys get their vitamins every time the sun comes up.  I exercise when I am blessed and beyond grateful when a friend or family member watches the boys or simply sits at my house while they sleep. 
I’ve told you all about our schedule.  Yet, there is no bedtime for this working mommy.  I “think” I get the sleep I need, but I can’t be certain.  I’m going to put “add myself a bedtime” on the to-do list.  The problem with having a designated bedtime for me is that after the boys are in bed I have the only time to do what I need or want to do.  I could spend hours reading, writing, taking & editing photos, or catching up with friends & family.  The list goes on and on.  After the boys bedtime, I’m granted a time where I’m usually not needed.  I can’t express how I value this time.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my job, and love doesn’t describe how I feel about my sweet babies, but it’s nice to have a few hours where no one needs me.  No diapers, Sippy cups, homework, cuts, and all those other great things that mommies do.  Most of the things mommies do goes unrecognized and unappreciated.  I’m okay with that.  I know children are children and mine are solely reliant upon me.  We all love and desire to be needed and I’m so glad that I am needed!  Who wants to feel like they aren’t needed?  Not me!
If no one has told you lately that you are a superwoman, I’m telling you now.  Read that again.  You ARE a SUPERWOMAN and don’t let anyone, not even yourself ever make you believe differently.  We don’t get paid or awarded to do the hardest job in the world.  Some people understand, but no one can completely comprehend unless they’ve walked where you’ve walked, seen what you’ve seen, and in my case lived through and become stronger as a result.  I’m so thankful that God gave me the title of “mommy.”  It’s better than being a CEO, CFO, or any other executive title. 
This job doesn’t come with instructions.  These sweet babies are looking to us to shape & mold them into incredible adults.  No pressure!  I pray my boys will be men of God, loving, sweet, and have HUGE hearts for others.  I’m working on it.  Things get busy, and I don’t always have time to teach life lessons.  I rely on our precious school teachers and Sunday school teachers to take over sometimes and teach my sweeties about God and to give them the proper education, while I do it when they are home with me.  I don’t rely on these teachers to raise my children as some do.  I’m involved.  Sometimes my oldest might tell you I’m too involved.  I want to know every detail of their day when I’m working and they are at school & daycare.  Friends names, hobbies, what they ate, how they feel, & what they love.  I could go on and on.  I aspire to be the mommy that my boys feel comfortable talking to.  I think I am so far, but I can never stop trying to be better.  That’s not my personality. 
Aside from my mommy job, I’ve recently decided to do some mission work at a prison.  My desire for missions didn’t go away after I traveled to Honduras & El Salvador.  It actually fueled the fire that burns in my heart to help others.  I’m so glad that God is working in me and doesn’t ever give up on any of us. 
I want you all to know that as long as you are trying your best, I think you are phenomenal!  Keep smiling, picking up toys, making snacks, getting stains out of clothes, and all the other magic you all do daily!  I admire you all!  It IS more than worth it.  At the end of the day those precious prayers, hugs, kisses, and sweet sayings like “You are the best mommy in the world,” make it also the BEST job in the world.  I’m blessed beyond what I deserve and comprehension.  I hope you all are having a great weekend and making memories that last a lifetime!  I promise you will never regret it and your family will be appreciative, even if they don’t tell you.  I appreciate you all!  Keep on superwomen!  I’ll buy you all capes one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment