Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our little Schedule

Today is a new day.  For that I am blessed.  Recently, well yesterday to be exact, I packed up everything the company owns and moved it to my home.  Have I ever mentioned that I can't stand when things are in disarray?  The good news is, it's waiting for me in the next room and I'm going to combine my work office with my home office.  I estimate that I'll have it organized just the way I want it around the time the company finds the office space they want in the perfect location.  Seems pretty pointless to me to move & organize only to move & reorganize again.  BUT, there is a point.  I can't work when things are scattered everywhere.

I'm looking for my motivation today.  I think I may find it in a short run, but I'm hoping it's going to come from my coffee cup in about two minutes!  I also can't function normally when our little schedule is off.  I do what I need to do, get it back on track, lace up the running shoes, & head out in full speed.

My youngest son was up sick most of the night so that means I was up rocking, consoling, and trying every approach I know to get my sick baby better and to sleep!  If the sweet babies don't sleep, I don't either.  I know all you moms can relate to that.  In the midst of the coughing and crying, my oldest decided it would be a perfect evening to be afraid.  I tried every attempt and approach known to man.  "Sweetheart, it's late and mommy has to work tomorrow."  I'm sure seven year olds don't mind or understand that to do a job well, perform, or even think at the speed above a tortoise, you need adequate sleep.  I continued, as I'm pretty determined to enforce the rules.  One of those rules is this is your bed, this is mommy's bed and we don't sleep in the same one.  When dad was here, I didn't ever have to enforce this one.  Obviously, three people can't fit into one bed.  What's the reason now?  Good question!

After failed "happy movie" attempts, peanut butter & jelly, juice, prayers, and my two attempts to lay down with the oldest (amidst my getting up with the youngest while he was sick), I failed miserably!  Hey, I did it with style!  I exhausted all options, reasons, and went to a place I shouldn't have which is the point when you try to rationalize with children. 

Normally, the rules are the rules.  The schedule is the schedule and there is nothing, I mean NOTHING, that's going to change that unless Jesus himself shows up to take us to heaven!  If he were to come last night, we would've been prepared because no one was getting any sleep and I'm next to certain God gives us all rest and peace in heaven.  I can't fathom the verse below.  I mean who has the time to NOT be busy?

Yet we hear that some of you are living idle lives, refusing to work and meddling in other people's business. 2 Thessalonians 3:11

I'm sure you know what happened, but if you haven't figured it out I'll stop your wandering mind here.  My seven year old slept with me.  I ran out of options and the ability to continue to enforce the rules.  Honestly, I was exhausted and simply caved.  It happens to us all, even me. 

Today, I will start over.  The rules didn't change.  Our little schedule won't rearrange even if my oldest is "missing his mom & hearing scary sounds."  The rules and schedule remain the same and hopefully tonight will be a different evening filled with laughter, homework, splashing too much water out of the bath, and maybe a cleaning lady will have mercy on my home and come fold the laundry before it wrinkles because if you know me, you know I don't have time to iron.  If the dryer doesn't get the wrinkles out, then I hope the people who see us on a daily basis think we do a lot of sitting and that's how are clothes aren't immaculately wrinkle free! 

I hope you all are well rested, being the best you can be, and have a day of rest!  I'm going to make time for a day of rest, but for now there are too many things to do and work calls my name.  May God bless you all, and may you all find peace in knowing you are all beautiful to me.  I admire all of you.  Don't give up.  Keep going, even when coffee doesn't work!  God is hard at work and he knows all of our hearts, intentions, and everything about us that no one else knows.  I sure hope he doesn't throw my schedule in the passing lane today, but if he does I'll swing by for some espresso.  Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment