Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Season of Giving

First, life has kept this mommy super duper busy lately and I haven't written in awhile.  I hope you all are doing wonderful and ready for Christmas!  We have a countdown going on at our house so I'm certain that there are only seven days left until Christmas.  No pressure, just pure excitement in my house!  It's the season of giving!

I'm as prepared for the work week as can be.  If work were the only thing that I had to face this week, I'd be sitting with my hands folded behind my back (actually I wouldn't, but that's how I picture someone who is completely relaxed without a care in the world). 

This week will be my last week in my current career.  After much prayer, thought, tears, smiles, and more prayer, I've decided to resign.  Mid-prayer (this prayer was solely about my current career), my phone rang and the caller at the other end of the line wanted me to interview for their company.  I know that God was answering my prayer.  I know that I've made a hard & tough decision, but I also know I've made the right choice.  I'm certain that God has big plans for this busy mommy and I'm more than willing to follow him and so eager to see what he wants for me.  It's a huge step of faith, but I'm ready.

I'm as prepared as it gets when it comes to dealing with life changing events.  This week my close relatives doctor has called in the family to meet with him on Wednesday.  I've watched my dearest relative hurt, cry, and suffer and am more than ready to be whatever she may need during this time of sickness.  To say it hurts me to watch this process is an understatement.  I know that God has big plans for us all, and I can't wait to see what he has in store for her. 

I also received a letter in the mail and it appears that the court process is rolling right along.  I'm afraid of court, as I've not been much in my life, but I'm beyond ready to be divorced so that I can close that chapter in my life, as I have already begun to do a long time ago. 

I'm the only elf this year, so I've done lots and lots of wrapping gifts, making candy, hanging stockings, and so on.  I'm slightly worn out, but I know the glow that I hope to see on my sweeties' faces on Christmas morning always makes it worth it.  They come first to me and there isn't much I wouldn't do to make sure they have the best life ever!  I'm so glad to be able to tell you that I was able to take them to a live nativity scene and teach them the real meaning of Christmas.  I'm not sure if you all have experienced the selfishness involved in Christmas or not, but we have.  I know my babies needed a little insight for the true meaning of the season.  I guess my Thanksgiving life lessons didn't encourage world peace or a new inspiration for mission trips overseas! 

I also know that I'm dealing with a seven year old and a seventeen month old.  I also took my nephew who is five.  I'm sure it doesn't matter as much to them as it does to me that we emphasize the meaning of Christmas.  I'm not raising little grinches even if his heart DID grow fifteen times larger!  I was blessed to be able to walk them through the live nativity and tell them the historical and biblical background of Christmas.  I was disappointed that the highlight of the trip was the live camel!  What was I thinking?  The camel WAS super cool, but for some reason I was expecting a reaction a little different. I got statements like "Aunt Wobin, that wasn't the REAL Jesus and you said this is exactly like where he was born, & "Why didn't them have stockings?"  I know God knows my heart and I also know he understands that children are children.  I'm trying my darndest and I'm just proud that I have read the Christmas story to them all and done my best so that we can celebrate Jesus' birthday!

 Next year we will pick an angel off of an angel tree and we will wrap presents for children in need.  I recently visited a prison filled with women.  The mission work was called "The Christmas Carnival," and I'm so blessed and changed just from the experience.  I have a list of felons beside my bed that I pray for daily.  I was more than honored to take weeping prisoners (in a maximum security facility) and pray over them.  I cried like a baby!  I couldn't believe these women were thanking me for praying for them.  We delivered the simple things in life such as chapstick and shampoo to them for free.  These are items that normally they would have to pay for.  I heard the same underlying factor from each convict that I prayed with.  They all were sad to say the least that Christmas was coming and they were in prison.  They don't have joy or hope.  I prayed all day and asked God to speak through me.  I prayed for most of the women, as they didn't feel comfortable praying. 

God worked in me that day as he usually does if I will let him, and these women don't know it, but they also ministered to me.  I didn't talk about me.  It's not about me.  It's about others.  That's the way I am and the way I'll stay.  However, I know how it feels to be approaching a Christmas that won't be the same.  I can't imagine what they are going through, but you all know I can relate.  I'm sure I'm praying and all shaken over murders and drug dealers, but in God's eyes if we are his children then we are forgiven if we've asked for forgiveness and one sin is no greater than another.  I'm beyond thankful and grateful that I had the chance to spend the day in prison. 

I'm ready for my sweet babies to be out of school and for Christmas break to begin!  I'm not so ready for the swapping of children during the happiest time of year.  I'm sure it will be tough, but I know I'm stronger after each and every day that passes.  I hope you all have joy and hope this year.  I have both and that's because I have faith.  I'd be lying if I told you that this was going to be the best most perfect Christmas ever.  It's not going to be.  It's going to be the hardest thus far, but I have pink boxing gloves (from kickboxing classes) and I'm prepared. 

We all have so much to be thankful for and I am very content.  I don't want anything.  I don't need anything.  I have everything because I have a loving God who is always with me and I have the sweetest babies ever.  I'm blessed.  Life is good. 

I hope you all have a restful week even if you are cooking and still shopping like crazy!  I hope you all feel that joy, encouragement, and excitement that I prayed the prisoners felt.  If you are missing loved ones this holiday season, I'm so sorry.  I know it hurts.  I know it's not the same.  I also know that God wants us to be happy and lots of sweet angels are smiling down from heaven rejoicing!

Crank up the Christmas music, dance, sing, and do whatever it is that gets you excited!  I know you all are strong people and can do anything  Please be encouraged this Christmas!  I want you all to have the best Christmas ever and I hope you all make memories that you will never forget.  I adore you all and am blessed to have such wonderful & amazing readers.  Merry Christmas from this mommy to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment