Friday, November 11, 2011

Keep Calm & Carry On

"I know God won't give me more than I can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much."

That quote by Mother Teresa is one of my all time favorites and it's been extremely relative in my life lately.  I always seem to think "I can't take much more," then "more" comes along and guess what??  I CAN take it after all with the help of God.  I can't handle the weight of the world on my shoulders, so I give it to God.  He is in control, and he can handle it. 

I heard someone say recently "God, don't you know I'm tired," and God replied "Don't you know I'm wide awake?"  That gives me great comfort.  I am a walking talking example of God's strength.  Meetings I've been in this week, situations that were WAY beyond hard, and things I've had to face that I knew I couldn't.  I made it through the meetings, situations, and faced the things that I was certain I couldn't only because I told God pretty bluntly beforehand that I wouldn't be able to do these things.  Honestly, I told him that if he wanted them done, then he was going to have to do them through me, because there was no way I could.  Are you surprised to know that I was given the strength to do the impossible?  I'm not!  I'm blessed that we have a God who doesn't get tired.  He's still in the miracle business, I promise you. 

I've always heard that God will pick us up and carry us through the times when we just can't do it anymore.  I now KNOW this is true. 

I never say to myself "What's next? What else could possibly come my way?"  I know better.  I'm developing a strength (with the help of God) that I never knew possible.  For that, I am blessed.  Some days I wish I could just make it go away, disappear, pack up my boys & our belongings and never look back.  That's not my reality or my true self.  I'm always up for a challenge, but some are definitely more difficult than others.  I'm looking at all of life's recent challenges as somewhat of a gift.  God must have bigger plans for me and know that I'll be able to handle anything that comes my way.  Maybe he wants me to be stronger.  Either way, I'm getting stronger, and I'm learning to handle all obstacles that come my way.

It's been a long week to say the least.  My company just got a written letter yesterday stating that my company and I have thirty days to move our office.  Looks like there might be some more changing & rearranging in my future!  How do you respond to that?  Should you be afraid, pack up and leave instantly?  Should you remain calm and carry on?  I think in most every situation, you should keep calm and carry on.  I still have 28 days to move our office and figure out where we are moving to.  For the time being I'll work from home.  I can't tell you how much it saddens me to know I may have to work from home temporarily in my pajamas everyday (please note my intended sarcasm)! 


And say to him, 'Take care and be calm, have no fear and do not be fainthearted because of these two stubs of smoldering firebrands, on account of the fierce anger of Rezin and Aram and the son of Remaliah. 
Isaiah 7:4


It's that valuable weekend stuff I keep referring to, so I'm going to prepare a day filled with family and fun for the boys tomorrow (I already got my seven mile run in today, so I rest tomorrow and pick up another run on Sunday if my schedule allows)!  I hope you all have the best weekend ever and embrace those little moments with your friends and family!  You can't ever buy those or get those back!  I'm going to have a fantastic weekend and I hope you do the same! 


No comments:

Post a Comment