Saturday, November 5, 2011

Looking Forward

Fridays always mark the end of the work week and the beginning of my beloved “family time” for my family and me.  I work as hard as I can during the work week with the focus on my career, improving, and getting things done.  I know without a doubt that all those things will in fact be right there on my desk tomorrow, but as I’ve shared with you previously, I’m the kind of person who wants things done perfectly, smoothly, the right way, and quite honestly, I want them all done yesterday.  I don’t want to work on them day after day.  I don’t mind a lengthy project; I just like to be finished.  I live for the solace that the weekend brings.  The weekends mean pajamas, breakfasts at the table (not on the go and in the car), relaxing, church, family, and just more time in general.  We still have basketball on Saturdays, but soccer season has ended and generally speaking the weekends are for precious time to spend with my boys. 
I love to look forward.  If I don’t have something to be excited about, I find things to be involved in that bring excitement.  It’s November, Halloween just ended, and I’m already excited about Thanksgiving & Christmas!  I can’t wait to see the instant glow that appears on my boys faces when I get out the holiday decorations!
No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. Philippians 3:13
This weekend I have signed up to go to a Christian Women’s Conference where Angela Thomas will be speaking.  I’ve never heard of the woman, but that’s the way God works in my life.  I love surprises as much as children love the anticipation and excitement that Christmas morning brings.   Instead of sleeping, relaxing, watching recorded television shows (that the work week schedule doesn’t allow me to partake in), or simply doing nothing, I’m up and overcome with excitement about tomorrow’s unknown topics, guests, and events!  I could take a look on Google and do some research, but I’ve felt God leading me to this particular women’s conference, and I trust that what is in store for me tomorrow will not only be worth giving up my day with the boys, but a day to come home and tell everyone about!
Did I mention the weekend is here?  No schedules, rushing, enforced bedtimes, and fun times that bring laughter that lasts throughout the work week.  Those are the laughs that keep me going and working harder than ever.  At the end of the day, when I pick up one of the boys from daycare or school and I hear the sweetest voice say “mommy,” or a heartfelt belly laugh, I am quick to be reminded that those are the moments that are priceless.  I am blessed and it doesn’t take much for me to be reminded of that. 
If I have had a bad day, it doesn’t ever take much time spent with my seven year old or sixteen month old to realize that my boys are irreplaceable and my family (each and every member) are all precious diamonds to me.  I know diamonds can be purchased, but I’m referring to the diamonds that are flawless.  You know the ones I'm talking about, the huge carats that can’t be bought!  Bigger than any celebrity's wedding ring and shinier than a brand new car with the sun beaming off its freshly waxed hood while sitting in the sun. I’m too blessed to be stressed and just wanted to dedicate tonight’s post to share my gratitude.  I’m not sure why God has blessed me so much, but I’m beyond grateful he did.  I’m not deserving of such blessings, but I’m forever thankful!  God bless you all!  I hope you all see the side of daylight savings time that I see.  Daylight savings time to me is an extra hour of family time instead of shorter and darker days.  Life is good.  Really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment