Tuesday, November 29, 2011

In the Spirit

A new week has begun and where I live the snow starting falling today!  My boys were elated until they learned the horrifying truth that school wasn't closed early.  You can imagine the disappointment of being in school watching out the window & wishing you were outside making snowmen.

The snow is gorgeous & it's beginning to actually feel like Christmas.  I've known the holidays were right on us and coming at the same time they do every year, but I'd be lying to say that I've been "in the spirit."  Things are changing, and I'm delighted to tell you that I'm ready for Christmas, baking red & greeen cupcakes, listening to Christmas music with the boys, and actually FEELING the Christmas spirit.  It's been awhile since I've actually felt so many emotions.  After the end of last year, I became somewhat numb.  No excitement, no sadness, no tears of joy, nothing period.  I had no idea that I had turned into someone who shut off most all emotions.  I'm a "feelings" person.  If you've ever taken the personality test written by Myers-Briggs, then you will know if you are have a "feelings" personality or not.

Things are coming along very nicely in most every aspect of mine and the boys lives!  I can't express what a blessing this is!  Prayers have been answered regarding work, family health, etc.  God is so good and we are blessed!  I don't deserve it, but I'm so grateful!

Monday I layered up (only three layers of clothes, a jacket, snow hat, mittens, and a hood--not much, but my blood is still somewhat unadapted to non-Florida weather), put on my "let's get down to business & get this done as quickly as possible" face, met up with co-workers, and moved the remnants of our belongings of the building we were asked to leave. 

It was cold and rainy.  It should have been an easy, smooth, non-drama filled move, but unfortunately it wasn't.  I've learned that in most situations someone is going to have to act like an adult, so it might as well be me and I stive to do that in all situations putting all feelings aside. 

"Being the bigger person means making a conscious decision to behave at the height of ones character." I know that not all are capable of doing this, but I think taking the high road and acting like an adult is always best!  A police officer was called for intimidation purposes if I had to guess, smart and nasty remarks were made, looks that would kill the the sweetest person on Earth were given, and some behaved downright nasty.  It was made so that my co-workers and I couldn't use the entrance with an awning, so we purposely had to load an SUV, a U-haul sized trailer, and my car in the cold rain. 

Later that day, I received word from a co-worker that I was banned from my former part-time employer's office.  Read that again!  I was BANNED!  I guess I can cross that one off my bucket list (sarcasm intended).  I've never been banned from anywhere in my life, but I guess there's a first time for everything.  There was no reasoning for this.  That's okay.  I have no reason to go back. I don't understand it, don't need to, and don't have to.  The future is bright and better and I can't wait!! 

The AMAZING news is, my company is now away from all the unnecessary drama and nastiness that is only meant to purposely hurt others for no reason.  I work for THE BEST people possible!  They are always supportive, willing, and they all go above and beyond.  They know my work and the kind of person I am.  I never have to explain myself and my work speaks for itself.  If my boss doesn't have faith in my work, he can ask those I do business with and they tell him first-hand (do NOT mistake this for boasting). 

So, God has been answering prayers left and right!  After the exhausting moving day, our power went out as I was on the phone with a company doing business for an hour and a half and NOTHING, I mean nothing was going to make me hang up that phone!  A friend knocked on the door and brought me an angel.  Coincidence?  Perhaps, but I think God speaks through people.  I needed an angel that day.  The power came back on before we went numb or froze.

I've been praying for specifics, and today a family member who doctors thought may very well have cancer was deemed cancer free!  Thank you, Jesus!  Prayer works, my friends.  God doesn't always give us what we ask for, but he gives us what we need.  He's sent the most special people in my life in the last week!  Did you guess I've been praying for that as well?  I've always known that after every storm (or hurricane in my case), there is a rainbow. 

"I love you, God- you make me strong. God is bedrock under my feet, the castle in which I live, my rescuing knight."  Psalm 18:1
I believe in crying tears of happiness (which has happened lots lately and I'm ecstatic to have those feelings back), laughing, loving, giving, hoping, sharing, helping, being nice, doing the right thing because you want to, and that God is the reason for everything in my life! 

I hope you all are adjusting to the week after Thanksgiving work week.  I know it's tough having time off & then going back.  My boys weren't too thrilled about going back to school either.  If you haven't thanked God today, I recommend it.  I'm thankful for all of you amazing readers.  Thank you for taking an interest, relating, and sharing.  I love hearing your stories and feedback so keep it coming! I hope you are all getting in the spirit!  If you can't or are having trouble, do it for your sweet babies!  They deserve it!  If I can do it, anyone can do it.  I know it's a hard time of year for some.  I get it.  BUT, we all have so many blessings.  If you think you have none, open your pretty eyes and take a long, hard look arou Have a blessed day!  Smile, because it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment