Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Season of Change

It's Autumn where I live, which means that the leaves are constantly changing color & the wind is continuously blowing them off the trees. Some trees are gorgeous & colored with red, yellow, orange, green, and brown leaves.  The others are bare already. This time of year is time for hayrides, bonfires, pumpkins, Halloween, warmer clothing, & more cooking (I'm not one of those people who cook more often when the weather changes).  Others I have  known (and some I still know) have changes in moods when the seasons change.  I don't understand it, but I do understand that we were all made to be different!  I myself LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be unique.  There is no one on this earth I'd rather be!  Autumn symbolizes change to me.  Change in the weather, scents, & scenes!!

Change in life is inevitable.  I know that whether the situation you are currently in is good or bad, it WILL change.  I've needed reminding of this lately.  However, I'm not one that adapts to many rapid changing situations all at once. I've been known to over analyze a situation,  lose precious sleep, forget to eat, and even break out with a nice pimple when things many things are changing at a rapid pace.  Change is part of life.  It always has been and always will be. Those are the cards I've been dealt and I will do my best to make the most with the cards I have. 

I love to shop, read, write, bike, run, spend quality time with my family, take photos (I can't ever have enough photos, because in my eyes photos remind us more vividly of memories we might otherwise forget), learn, and grow as a better and smarter person.  These are the things I focus on when the winds of change blow my way.  I turn to God first and foremost, and trust in him. 

"Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world"   1 John 4:4



I'm not the most patient person in the world.  I'm a perfectionist, analytical, and pretty high strung.  It's hard for me to be patient with certain changes.  I'm a mommy and as patient as I can be with my children, but they are children.  I'm not as patient with adults.  I'm the kind of person (as bad as I hate to admit this) that wants it done yesterday, wants answers now, and really don't care too much for excuses. 

I've learned that "good things come to those who wait." A very famous preacher by the name of Charles Stanley once said "If you aren't going through a storm then prepare now, because storms will come your way."  After every storm, a rainbow usually always follows.  I believe in rainbows, happy endings, love, peace, and I am certain that it's time for a change of pace in life.  I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!  I live for the weekends with my family!  May God bless you all and happy Autumn!



No comments:

Post a Comment