Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's time!

My youngest son will be two years old in July.  I'm assuring you we are going through and have been through most of the terrible twos at eighteen months!  I always knew my sweet boys were ahead of the game and progressed early :)  I'm kidding.  I'm not the mom who talks as if my boys are any more special or advanced than other children for many reasons. Mainly because we are are equal in God's eyes.  That's the lesson my seven year old nailed.  We will see how it works with my sweet twenty -two month old.

In LESS than SEVEN days my little climber got out of his high chair all by himself!  How am I going to shower alone?  Put him in his crib, right?  Wrong.  In the SAME seven days he managed to get out of his crib (you should know it's a full size crib and it's set on the tallest settings) and go to the potty!  Are you kidding me? 

All I did when he told me he needed to be changed (not in those words, I'll spare you the real words haha) was change him and he didn't need to be changed.  I asked him if he wanted to go sit on the potty.  Of COURSE he did!  He knows there is water in the potty and he LOVES water.  That's all it took.  However, I'm hoping a whole slew of people will hop on board the potty training wagon or I don't think it will work.  I think he needs consistency, but who knows?  I remember my oldest being so very difficult to get out of diapers.  I promised my oldest a trip to Disney World (when we lived in Orlando) because I didn't feel he was ever going to learn.  I'm a believer in "every child is different," and they all do things and hit milestones when they are ready not when we are ready. 

 I do everything when the boys are in bed or spending time with their dad.  All of the housework, cleaning, laundry, and everything else that has to be done gets done after bedtime.  Some nights I'm worn out and ready to go to sleep at eight p.m!  I asked Santa for a part time nanny or a clone, but I guess he thought the children were more important to visit.

 I know most of you moms out there are in the same boat too.  I also realize that in general, most men don't partake in cleaning, cooking, laundry, and all the fun stuff that has to be done.  I'm not even mentioning getting groceries, running errands, managing the finances, and driving the family taxi! I'm honest & I take all the help I can get if I need it.  I can only function on four hours of sleep for so many days before I feel like my brain is shutting down and I'm moving alongside snails. 

I've been working harder than ever to become better with being able to save part of my income.  It has taken some work!  I recently went to a couponing class!  Laugh.  It's funny, but hey I'm ALL ABOUT saving money and learning how to get things really cheap or free!  It's not easy providing for three, and I love to know I'm saving money.  I'm going to be able to take my son to a MLB game for his birthday.  That's a mini-vacation for my sweeties and I.  I'll do whatever it takes (and I told God this whenever it finally sunk in that I was a single mommy) to provide for my boys and it's worth anything, I mean anything to see the excitement on their faces when we do those things!

Tonight is another fun night of soccer (I even soccer mom-ed my trunk with a cargo net to carry baseball stuff, soccer balls and snacks)!  Yes, I'm excited!  I can't seem to zip my mouth ever when I'm watching my seven year old play.  I'm not hard on him ever and I always say positive things, but this mommy gets excited! 

My baby isn't such a baby anymore.  He's a toddler!  I can't believe it.  Where does the time go?  I love to see him growing and changing as do I with my oldest, but you know it's different with a baby because there are more frequent "first times." It's time for him to be changing rapidly, whether I like it or not. I hope you all are having a great week and take a moment to notice all those blessings around you, even if you have wild little apes like me :)






No comments:

Post a Comment